Recent content by Alex banana

1. Alex banana

Visiting Yokohama/Yokosuka IRL

Glad that's sorted. Do you guys have any advice for the guy apart from just shooting down mine? haha
  2. Alex banana

I dunno if this should really be the focus of ShenmueTree's topic, but to entertain your lol, I consider Ikebukuro to be one of the central-ish (notice the -ish) areas of Tokyo - or at least it's my closest large area. 43 mins. I said 30mins to 1 hour. That seems to match.
  3. Alex banana

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I'm not sure if game financing works that way, or it might if by profits you mean the money the publisher made from the previous entry? I guess that would make sense if they were making the sequel, but I guess that doesn't apply here. In addition to no re-invested funds from the publisher...
  4. Alex banana

Shinagawa is a good 30mins to 1 hour from Central-ish Tokyo, so let's say 2+ hours one-way if you don't know where you are going, so maybe 4+ hours round trip. I did everything in a day trip as well, but I was with my family, I think (not knowing ShenmueTree's circumstances) if I travelled by...
  5. Alex banana

Depends on how long you hope to go and your travelling style (I enjoy walking around and seeing as much as I can in one day rather than relaxing). I like having a plan as a base and then being flexible with it, but I recommend googling 'things to do in Tokyo' remembering the names of specific...
  6. Alex banana

For all this doom and gloom, isn't it weird that Shenmue 4 could probably be made if the budget was just brought down a bit? And we can say with some certainty that with a standard 3 year development we could theoretically be playing it right about now. That's quite an improvement in outlook...
  7. Alex banana

Did Iwao let Lan Di kill him?

Ah yes, the classic 'oh, did your back fall on my knife?' situation.;)
  8. Alex banana

Shenmue Prologue Unseen location (& Shenhua shouldn't be on a cliff)

Please do the bird taking out other characters haha. It's clearly peeved that Shenhua preferred the drowning goat. Shenmue Bird Simulator.
  9. Alex banana

I think a kickstarter for Shenmue 4 wouldn't work - it would probably foster more negativity and sink the franchise for good - but a kickstarter for Shenmue 5 probably would, however, I also think a publisher is more likely to pay for the final game as there would be interest in how it ends...
  10. Alex banana

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I'm in agreement that I think the series needs some more death, but I think it would have to be the death of a super important character for it not to feel out of place, plus it needs to fit the tone of the game, which as of late has gotten campier. For awkward use of death, please see the...
  11. Alex banana

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I could totally see a photoshopped picture of this being framed in his room which you take a peek at in S3.
  12. Alex banana

General RGG Discussion

Apologies, I had assumed it was just another ps3 to ps4 re-release, didn't realize it got a simultaneous ps3 and ps4 release (according to wikipedia). Awful mix of assumption and typo.🤮🤮
  13. Alex banana

I will also totally - like literallaaaay - pay for it as well. Like maybe the whole thing, or just a little, you know, but still fund it.
  14. Alex banana

Shenmue Book Series

You know what? In Japan, the number 4 'Shi', also translates as 'death', meaning that parking spaces, building floors, hotels rooms etc sometimes avoid the number. Let's just forget 4 and make Shenmue 5. Confuse the haters haha.
Back