Cut content list

All I really know is it would be great if people could add more to the list as well as some context or speculation to what these cuts may have involved

1: baisha

2 : character perspective system

(this is me speculating)
1) Side characters. S1 & S2 introduced us to characters we ended up caring about (other than Ryo). This really didn't happen in S3 and given the ending sequence shoe-horned in broom girl and the dude who gave you the forklift job, I'd argue it's clear that there is content missing to flesh out these characters. Other notable exceptions include Mr./Master Feng, who ought to have explored your father's history with you (Ryo seems strangely lacking in curiosity WRT his dad here given his current vendetta).

2) Niao Sun's character arc. Similar to the side characters who showed up out of no where to help you in the castle, Niao Sun showed up out of nowhere to become a baddie at the very last minute. There was clearly some hints she'd try and put a wedge between Ryo and Shenhua, but this never materialized.

Was anything actually really done with the affinity system? From how it was described by Yu several times I was thinking itd be much more apparent and obvious..

The appearance of a third Chi You Men leader.

Was anything actually really done with the affinity system? From how it was described by Yu several times I was thinking itd be much more apparent and obvious..

Outside of Shenhua and your nightly conversations, I didn’t see much evidence of it.

Overall, the biggest hurting point is lack of emotional connection to side characters and story development- this is clearly a case of “game started out with focus on work and budget in the beginning and middle, then just fizzled out towards the end for a rush job”

I assume baisha or the content that was to come with it will likely be in the next game as it would makes sense like wasn't there ment to be some kind of strategic seige aspect to the final between 3 factions

My guess would be this is what will happen in 4 with one tribe being niow sun other being Lan di and third being ryo and crew with the locals as there army

I do feel the game we got was like 2 discs from a 4 disc game

I did enjoy the game and I want more and I can see the flaws but they didn't destroy my enthusiasm for shenmue more shenmue 3 I think they did a good job with what they had

anyway back to the list

4: strategic seige battle game

You can say that again, #notmyshenmuestorytelling

Now let's see how many defenders start crying about the story if the series has been sunk again for 20 years.
They're going to wish they had a t-bone steak instead of settling for breadcrumbs.
Sadly, you might be right. The problem was to match with Shenmue 2. Yu should have gone for:
- Keep Shenmue's kung fu/Chinese mysticism tales storytelling.
- Bigger part set to the story driven interactions.
- Trying the best to get closer to the VF engine. Far less move scrolls and moves which we don't use.
- To keep or improve the best parts of Shenmue 2.
- To change what doesn't worked at the time.
But, now, it doesn't matter anymore. Could be another miracle and Sega jump in or another successful KS get set? Yes. But, not likely. At least, for me.

4. The great wall
It was clearly supposed to have more of role than just the few seconds of FMV in the ending. I almost wonder if it was Baisha related. I found it annoying that Deep Silver was using the 2+ year old image to promote the game earlier this week.

You can say that again, #notmyshenmuestorytelling

Now let's see how many defenders start crying about the story if the series has been sunk again for 20 years.
They're going to wish they had a t-bone steak instead of settling for breadcrumbs.

Oh I'm sorry, I just don't believe in hyperbolic bullshit like some people here do. I have my issues with the story, but to say "there is no story" in Shenmue III is ludicrous and hyperbolic at best.

Sorry, but I have no time for idiotic hyperbolic statements.

Back