YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Multiple reports of a brand new Youtube pre-roll ad for Shenmue have been cropping up over on ResetEra and Reddit.

As far as we know, the ad contains:
Ryo confronting Lan-Di, challenging him to a fight
An old lady inspecting the Phoenix Mirror

This thread is to be used for hunting the ad down. Post Shenmue and general gaming related videos that have confirmed prerolls and try refreshing them a few times to find the ad.

If we all try to watch as many pre-rolls as possible, we have a better chance of finding that ad!

If you find the ad, pause it and set up a recording ASAP as you cannot skip back in a YouTube ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would've been nice if one of them had at least said what they were watching. Sheesh!

Just kidding, Tricky. We're waiting patiently for you. Wake up, please.

Who is he? I see him occasionally. Has tons of followers.

***this post was moved here for some reason, in case anyone questions the relevance. must've been a mistake***

You can open a private navigation window, click on video, then after getting an ad, just close the browser and reopen it. For me it resets the ads.
The thing is I'm only getting ads in french so I'm afraid I won't get it... Might be specific to some locations.

I tried to view through US and UK IP addresses but I basically get the same four ads.

Seems like seeing the new Shenmue ad is a bit like winning the lotto.

I've been trying to find info on how to find a specific ad on YouTube. Nothing has worked so far.

If it's private, no. Unlisted, yes. But all someone needs to do is capture their screen. It's not a huge process.

By the way, it seems you can pause an ad and then right click on the video player, then click on the advanced stats menu, then you can get the video ID of an ad.

Just tried it and I was able to replay an ad.

View attachment 5027
You can also use this to find the source video.

See the Video ID thing in the stats? The combination of letters and numbers on the left is apparently the way to find the URL to the source.

Back