What are you playing?

I realize in hindsight maybe Nathanial was teasing me for having a wife who'd hook me up with a hard to get console. :ROFLMAO: My bad!

Welcome to the team mate! :p

Finished Signalis of gamepass. I liked it, didnt get anything tho lol. But still, great RE classic experience. Lot of people here would love it. And I'm not precisely a fan of the genre.
I'm pretty pleased with it! The gamepass is great, and I dig the synergy between console, PC, and the Xbox One.

There's been sort of a return to classic RE style games lately that I'm digging. I haven't tried Signalis yet, but Song of Horror and the two Tormented games were pretty enjoyable. Maybe not reaching the heights of early RE or Silent Hill, but worthwhile plays!

I realize in hindsight maybe Nathanial was teasing me for having a wife who'd hook me up with a hard to get console. :ROFLMAO: My bad!

I'm pretty pleased with it! The gamepass is great, and I dig the synergy between console, PC, and the Xbox One.

There's been sort of a return to classic RE style games lately that I'm digging. I haven't tried Signalis yet, but Song of Horror and the two Tormented games were pretty enjoyable. Maybe not reaching the heights of early RE or Silent Hill, but worthwhile plays!
Try it! I really liked it.

Started P3P. Enjoying it so far. I like the fact that in 10 minutes we're rolling. We're not into the bs of explaining ooone by ooone to all the characters what's going on and so on like happened in P5.

Been playing Forspoken for work. Gotta say, awkward opening aside, it’s a lot better than I’d been expecting. The writing/voice acting is nowhere near as bad as that one trailer made it out to be.

Been playing Forspoken for work. Gotta say, awkward opening aside, it’s a lot better than I’d been expecting. The writing/voice acting is nowhere near as bad as that one trailer made it out to be.
I played the demo and couldn't stand the main character. She comes off as a petulant child swearing for no other reason than to swear like it's some kind of edgy shock factor. I found it incredibly annoying and frankly, I didn't even like the way the invisible companion she spoke with was written.

I played the demo and couldn't stand the main character. She comes off as a petulant child swearing for no other reason than to swear like it's some kind of edgy shock factor. I found it incredibly annoying and frankly, I didn't even like the way the invisible companion she spoke with was written.
With the companion, it feels to me as though they were trying to emulate the one from Portal 2, though neither the writing nor delivery is anywhere near as good. Of course, that’s not to say that I hate it.

I’m torn when it comes to the main character in that although I’m not a fan of the constant swearing, it doesn’t really bother me all that much either; certainly not as much as the writing in the Saints Row reboot did, anyway.

It’s actually the combat that I find to be lackluster. It reminds me a lot of Ghostwire: Tokyo, but is redeemed somewhat by its dodge mechanics, which at least make it feel a bit more challenging than just spamming the right trigger and switching spells from time to time.

Been chugging along in Death Stranding. This game is so monotonous and the story is full of itself, but once I get going, I’m literally playing this shit all day. It’s the damnedest thing.

I just got the Dead Space remake for PS5. I never played any of the original games, so I didn’t know what to expect. So far, it’s alright. But there’s something about it overall that I feel lacks polish, like this was a somewhat lower budget game.

Been chugging along in Death Stranding. This game is so monotonous and the story is full of itself, but once I get going, I’m literally playing this shit all day. It’s the damnedest thing.

I absolutely loved the gameplay on my original PS4 playthrough. The game as you said stripped down is very simple but traversal and delivering packages efficiently and effectively can be a lot of fun.

I re-purchased the PS5 version but it never quite matched experience of that original playthrough. Plus Low Roar soundtrack is amazing.

Last edited:

I just got the Dead Space remake for PS5. I never played any of the original games, so I didn’t know what to expect. So far, it’s alright. But there’s something about it overall that I feel lacks polish, like this was a somewhat lower budget game.

death stranding has a terrible story but like you said, the gameplay is weirdly fun. ive said it lot of times in the past, i wish kojima would collaborate with another game creator because he sometimes goes off the deep end. ( from the youtube documentaries ive seen, kojima always wanted to create wacky stuff but has always be rained in by previous console limitations - he doesn't have that problem now.)

i played all the original dead space games, they were great horror games. once you get into it, your probably love it.

the dead space remake looks good but im not sure if i can bring myself to play it yet. i prefer new gaming experiences over remakes, especially if the story is 100% the same.

I think exactly the same. It ask some effort from the player to get into it, equivalent to a slowburning film. Nothing new or weird as that what one should expect from such a filmic un style game maker as Kojima. Perhaps the most filmic and highly influential on AAA games narrative. This aspect it's likeable to some and despicable to others. To me, sometimes he gets really dense and over-metaphoric at storytelling but at the gameplay parts, ones better than others, are solid good. Again, nothing unexpected as he is for sure one of the 10/15 Titans of videogames. It happened the same when I player MGS4. It heavily departed from the previous gameplay, mood... Way too far than Snake Eater (heart) and my first impression was rejection. I considered giving it back and ask for
Maybe its just that the formula that made such a big impact in 2009 its more so so nowadays, because the influence in other titles. We've seen a couple of "Dead Spaces" already. We've seen that movie.

@red i wish kojima would collaborate with another game creator because he sometimes goes off the deep end.
That would be very interesting. Not saying that I don't like deep and meta stuff but... Easy, boy, what the...
It would be awesome experiencing creations from collaborations between giants. Imagine something from YS and Miyamoto if that were possible. It would be something too much wonderful.

@code l name Plus Low Roar soundtrack is amazing.
Totally. Perhaps I'm using a incorrect word or not adecuate context but anyways, "compelling" its what sounds to me. And sometimes fearsome, lonely and beautiful at the same time..its strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: red
Tried several times to get into Death Stranding, first on PS4 then recently on PS5 as it's included in ps plus collection. No suceess. Managed to play about 6-7 hours on both but always get too bored to continue. The game is very beautiful on ps5 but sadly not for me as I can't seem to find any fun in delivering them packages.

I downloaded and played GoldenEye 007 which is available now on game pass and switch. And it's terrible. The graphics are very glitchy, the frame pacing is all over the place plus it barely runs at only 30 fps. Especially if you played the cancelled 2007 remaster of the game on Xbox 360 which looked 10 times better while allowing you to switch between the new graphics and the old n64 ones plus it was all running at 60fps. I've played it on my modded 360 or you can also play it on PC emulated. I was 100% expecting this new release to be better than 2007 one but it's so much worse! It only took them 25 years to re-release that. Not worth it. Not to say that the gameplay aged poorly too and the old floaty controls and gfx doesn't help it either

Reactions: red
Totally. Perhaps I'm using a incorrect word or not adecuate context but anyways, "compelling" its what sounds to me. And sometimes fearsome, lonely and beautiful at the same time..it’s strange.

Yeah it’s a really powerful soundtrack, one that I’ve been independently listening to outside the game. It’s a real shame about sudden death of lead singer as I was looking forward to what they might do for DS2.

I’m having a more fun with the Dead Space remake now that I found there’s a an easier “Story Mode” 😂😂😂

Interesting, I found the game incredibly easy especially fighting encounters. I think greatest challenges was the snowy region especially at the start without a lot of advanced gear and built out transport options. It actually made traversal feel like a real struggle and journey which was appreciated.

Have played quite a bit since my lost post in here but mainly came to say Hi-Fi Rush has been a pretty great surprise so far. I don’t think I’ll ever catch up with everything I even only started playing last year, even with how few I’m interested coming up. Think I may consider saving money and waiting on a lot of them.

Some fanart scribbles from today

ACFB56AB-5F0C-48C8-B38A-E2DC660ECACB.jpeg
4C90B5D0-4C95-47EF-B97A-3246B46F9C3D.jpeg

I played a bit of Hi Fi Rush, what a nice surprise. I'm not into this games, never tried Jet Set radio, should I try it if I liked HFR?

I loved the cat and their voice

Last edited:
Back