110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

God, I remember these evil 'cheats'. Especially for Pokemon...There was one that tried to get kids to run with 6 Magikarp and beat Lance somehow with them 100 times in a row, making him angry enough to give you a generation 3 Pokemon and some deadly move for Magikarp...
People said you could get slippy in melee 😭😭
Liars

Has there been any recent rumblings about IV and 110s involvement with them? I saw where they said eventually in regards to a tweet of some kind about IV but that's about it.

Has there been any recent rumblings about IV and 110s involvement with them? I saw where they said eventually in regards to a tweet of some kind about IV but that's about it.
A few "no comment" type things, but otherwise it's been quiet and personally I expect it to stay like that until AT LEAST Wanted: Dead is released.

Last edited:
A few "no comment" type things, but otherwise it's been quiet and personally I expect it to stay like that until AT LEAST Wanted:Dead is released.
It's just a matter of sitting tight and hanging on until they release their first title. Once that happens and ys net are finished with air twister then we might know more.

I'd be on the lookout for the familiar New Years quote from Yu Suzuki in Famitsu and 4Gamer(?) this year, but otherwise, yeah. Radio silence.
I totally forgot about that quote thing it's definitely what I'll be keeping a eye out for really will be interesting as always hearing what Yu has to say.

A few "no comment" type things, but otherwise it's been quiet and personally I expect it to stay like that until AT LEAST Wanted:Dead is released.
Did this few "no comment" type things happened last tuesday November 8th by chance? I mean before yesterday
No, Spaghetti, wait! You left with flashbang 😲
Darn, wake me up before you gogo pliz

Last edited:
I'd be on the lookout for the familiar New Years quote from Yu Suzuki in Famitsu and 4Gamer(?) this year, but otherwise, yeah. Radio silence.
Well last year he didn't lie. Working with various people from different media = anime. A sequel to... = Spiritual sequel to outrun. Should be interesting what his new one will be.

A sequel to... = Spiritual sequel to outrun
Do you mean Red Goes Faster? Im leaning more in the Air Twister being the "promised" spiritual sequel (to Space Harrier) because taking a look at RGF + Yu Suzuki articles (Google, Brave & DuckDuckGo results) there's no mentions about Yu being a part of it but here at the Dojo. He was advisor for Wanted Dead arcades, that we know for sure, maybe he was caught in the interviews and when he was asked about 110 industries made RGF (not YS.net) due his role in driving games concept and he talked about 3d, physics... so we wrongly assumed he is in the development of that title when he isn't.

And has this been discused before? I dont remember and admiting knowing none about It:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedOnesGoFaster
https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-red-goes-faster-myth-originate?share=1

At the "110 Industries & Yu Suzuki" Thread Page 93:

giphy.gif

So is there any new info on the state of YSnet? Last year someone posted that they moved into a bigger office or something?
Do we know how Air Twister did? Or how much revenue they would get from Apple? I really hope they are fully staffed and busy, more work = more devs staying, which = better hopes for Shenmue 4.

We need to be patient and see what rumblings begin once 110 has released Wanted, which is just a little under a month away.

They seem keen on keeping the series alive..rumors are swirling of a Sony state of play with third party titles coming soon.

One could hope, but I think it'd probably be at a Showcase, but I've only heard that may be in June around E3 time.

A bit confused. So does Yu Suzuki have a relationship with 110 industries? They're just a publisher right?

I don't know about the other stuff, but Air Twister is not a BIG hit on Apple Arcade.

The game has very good statistics in the form of leaderboards. There you can see that only around 30 000 people tried the main mode of the game. "Tried" means not only those who have played, but also those who have played it for 5 minutes and quit. Some of the modes of the game are played only by 50-100 players from the release. Weekly players are around 100 people right now and theres no new events from one month.

Don't expect any big money from Air Twister. Various sources mention that Apple Arcade has 100 million subscribers. I don't know if this is true... But 32 thousand out of 100 million. Not a good sign.

I don't know about the other stuff, but Air Twister is not a BIG hit on Apple Arcade.

The game has very good statistics in the form of leaderboards. There you can see that only around 30 000 people tried the main mode of the game. "Tried" means not only those who have played, but also those who have played it for 5 minutes and quit. Some of the modes of the game are played only by 50-100 players from the release. Weekly players are around 100 people right now and theres no new events from one month.

Don't expect any big money from Air Twister. Various sources mention that Apple Arcade has 100 million subscribers. I don't know if this is true... But 32 thousand out of 100 million. Not a good sign.
It doesn't matter if Apple coughed up a bunch of cash up front.

It doesn't matter if Apple coughed up a bunch of cash up front.

I guess that's a way to look at it, but I'd rather the game had sold, that way Yu would've had more leverage to stand on if he ever wanted to approach Apple for more work in the future. Companies as big as Apple take little losses just to promote things all the time, so it very well could be the case that they just wanted to draw eyes to Apple Arcade and weren't expecting the game to do gangbusters; but if drawing eyes to the App was the goal I can't say it's been a smashing success at least in the sells department lol.

Back