General Air Twister Talk

Wonder how this games has been doing in terms of number of daily players.

It’s a fun game, but I don’t see how it’d translate to anything else. It’s very short and repetitive. Would need to expand on it greatly I think.

It’s a fun game, but I don’t see how it’d translate to anything else. It’s very short and repetitive. Would need to expand on it greatly I think.
It's like Panzer Dragoon and that's already on Steam and consoles. I don't see how this would be any different.

I've an Apple Arcade free trial, so let's go for it!

I've made it through two stages. I enjoy it so far. I admit I dislike the music (I was hoping the Queen style anthem was more of a one off), but I do appreciate the tutorial. Suzuki has always has a knack for intuitive gameplay, but it's kind to offer this.Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 20.38.17.jpg

It's like Panzer Dragoon and that's already on Steam and consoles. I don't see how this would be any different.
The levels are like 45 seconds long…

The levels are like 45 seconds long…
Air Twister is arcade in a phone, it's tailored to that since concept design.
For making some worthy profit to cover production costs, it should include at least a few 5-20 min. max stages/missions. For that to happen, assets are needed. They could make new or reuse like hannah barbera trees.
It just sound too much hasle.

I believe that we won't see Air Twister on other systems 'til remaster/remake time comes. Sad because many of us are really willing to buy it and recommend it.

But Yu Suzuki is capable of announcing Air Twister 2 for all systems this evening, thanks to Apple Arcade profits and new consultant position and leave all of us blank. Partnering with Ghibli, Nausicaa and Kiki DLCs and all.

If anyones going and wants to play the Switch version?

Wikipedia seems to think that the port is being handled by a company called Cadabra Games, anyone heard of them? I guess this means that YsNet isn't handling the porting, so they must be busy on something else :D

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 15-57-23 2023 in video games - Wikipedia.png

I was thinking of pre ordering a copy of air twister, but I’m only seeing preorders for PS5 or Switch…. Are there any plans for physical versions for ps4, or are they only going to be digital, if at all?

I was thinking of pre ordering a copy of air twister, but I’m only seeing preorders for PS5 or Switch…. Are there any plans for physical versions for ps4, or are they only going to be digital, if at all?
Ps4 is digital only.

Fair play to Inin games. They’re putting a lot of faith in this release. Not sure about the rest of the world, but we got a full retail release over here in Japan. Seeing it on store shelves earlier was a pleasant surprise.

I’m a little gutted that they got rid of the leaderboards, but I can see why they did. Trophy data seems to suggest that players are in the single digits on PlayStation. I’m kinda tempted to crack open my PS5 limited edition to work out the exact number, but I think that would just end up depressing me 😅

Fair play to Inin games. They’re putting a lot of faith in this release. Not sure about the rest of the world, but we got a full retail release over here in Japan. Seeing it on store shelves earlier was a pleasant surprise.

I’m a little gutted that they got rid of the leaderboards, but I can see why they did. Trophy data seems to suggest that players are in the single digits on PlayStation. I’m kinda tempted to crack open my PS5 limited edition to work out the exact number, but I think that would just end up depressing me 😅
It's only got a physical release here via Strictly Limited Games. Otherwise it is digital only.

Looking at Steam DB 15 conconurrent players was the top yesterday + 86 viewers on Twitch. It hasn't given sales estimates from what I can see.

It's only got a physical release here via Strictly Limited Games. Otherwise it is digital only.
That’s what I thought. I didn’t look for the PS5 version as I already got the SE from Amazon, but they had a few copies of the Switch version in stock.

Back