110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I thought the whole purpose of using unreal engine and starting everything from scratch was to be able to transfer and expound upon assets already in place.
To bring the workflow to a well stablished standard, and updating to new graphics apis iterations (DirectX, OpenGL & Vulkan). Then comes the rest, that includes easier asset management, expanding, etc.
The main purpose is always avoid the tech gap, your game looking dated at release.

Offtopic(?): Check the price for moving container for import/export today. Uhah. That must hurt the physical copies profit margins BAD. Delayed til 2023 by now then.

Edit: bad or good idea? #ShenmueGameJam

Last edited:
I don't like the feeling of how helpless I feel about this. If this 110 industries turns out not to be true, then we will be back to square one by asking Sega to do the most logical thing and fund Shenmue 4 outright.

Being at the mercy of Sega fucking sucks

Last edited:
I don't like the feeling of how merciless I feel about this. If this 110 industries turns out not to be true, then we will be back to square one by asking Sega to do the most logical thing and fund Shenmue 4 outright.

Being at the mercy of Sega fucking sucks
I don't think it would necessarily be that bad because we do have other avenues (second kickstarter, LRG funding it, YSNET just deciding they'll do it)

Back