Recent Gaming Purchases

I have more games I’ve forgotten about but the most recent one has been Rollerdrome, maybe $20 on steam right now. Got it because it looked a little like Jet Set Radio. Only one character so far(don’t know if there are others), more focused on combat with guns and doing perfect dodges while going at high speeds along walls and stuff, doing different tricks to reload ammo. Really fun but hard to master. So far it’s a solid recommendation.

Sticker DC Gamepad- best controller for Dreamcast games

Absolutely false.
I will 100% admit it's a good controller, but nothing touches the original in feel and robustness; I know it won't break, but the Striker's analogue stick is flimsy as can be.

Absolutely false.
I will 100% admit it's a good controller, but nothing touches the original in feel and robustness; I know it won't break, but the Striker's analogue stick is flimsy as can be.

Well the DC analog isn't the greatest either. While the original DC controller is near and dear to me it has its flaws. Potato patato🥔

Generator Demo Vol 1- Dreamcast
Daytona USA 2001- Dreamcast
Cannon Spike- Dreamcast
Giga Wing 2- Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast Rally Wheel
Camo Vmu

20220827_182656.jpg

20220827_192127.jpg

20220829_012832.jpg

20220829_012751.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection- Switch

White VMU- Dreamcast
Shadow Gangs- Dreamcast(@9dragons )
Project Justice- Dreamcast
Skies of Arcadia- Dreamcast
Illbleed- Dreamcast
PowerStone 2- Dreamcast
Pre-modded Dreamcast- 400gb All NA releases and some PAL

20220901_020122.jpg

20220901_020029.jpg

20220901_015947.jpg

I pre ordered the japanese mega drive mini 2 as precaution in case I miss the European model pre oder notice. In case I can pre oder the euro version the japanese version is going to be cancelled. If I can the euro verison I will cancel the japan pre order.

I haven't posted much on here lately - House is under a lot of construction and internet has been down o_0 But here are some of the more interesting titles I've got within the last month or two:
2022AUGGAMES.JPG
Final Fantasy Origins: Stranger of Paradise - Eh, I'm still not sure on this one, saw it on deal so have decided to chance it but waiting for my friend to get it as I will at least enjoy it more with its online campaign - Jack's attitude is not appealling and has put me off ever since it was announced.

Final Fantasy XII & XV - probably some of my least favourite FF games but couldn't pass the Steelbook Editions for £4 each.

Star Wars Combo Packs - Thought it was interesting to see these digital re-released combined on a physical disc (Really all 5 games could have gone on a Blu-ray but whatever...)

Trinity: Souls of Zill Oll - An interesting Koei action game I saw on PS Now, I have seen it is part of an inaccessible series though, so not sure how accessible this will be...

Resident Evil Chronicles games - Me and a friend have been playing the RE series from start to finish, after beating Code Veronica we were considering moving straight on to RE4. But I saw there was the RE light-gun games on PS Now and being co-op we decided to play them. Very shocked at how good these are! They cover the maind scenarios of RE1,2,3 & CV but offer a lot of extra missions which fill in narrative gaps that are genuinely interesting! On top of that it's rendition of the Code Veronica story is far better than the main game! Enjoyed them so much I at least wanted some form of physical copy!

Dino Stalker - A spin off to Dino Crisis, I also beat Dino Crisis 1 & 2 with another friend lately (Yes, we play through single player games as there aren't many decent co-op games anymore...) and after DC2's cliff hanger I was eager for more! Sadly my backwards compatible PS3 isn't safe - sounds like a hoover with the fan and I don't trust it. So I will have to figure out a way to play it...

Not much else I plan on getting but of course that can change...

@9dragons if you like Shinobi games you shoukd enjoy Shadow Gangs. Heads its a little bit challenging.
I like genre a lot. Have not played many Shinobi games though. I have only finished Shadow Dancer and it was fun despite the high difficulty.

Shadow Gangs really looks appealing to me. I will purchase and play it sooner or later.

With the pre-modded Dreamcast there are some games that won't work with the HDMI output. A message will pop-up on the screen when trying to playing certain games. Heres a list if games that won't work you'll have to use old school auxiliary cables.

20220901_160142.jpg

20220901_160055.jpg

Another nice addition to your collection. Especially the Dreamcast magazines are neat. Some of the British and American mags were way better than the magazines we had in the german speaking world during the time of the Dreamcast relevant. Official Dreamcast Magazin in German was a weird lifestyle like Magazine that had nothing to do with gaming at all. That was the final nail in the coffin of the bad marketing of the DC here in Europe.

It was not until recently that I found out how superior these mags were. I have never read them in paper form but I could read them online on websites like retro CDN and archive org.

Another nice addition to your collection. Especially the Dreamcast magazines are neat. Some of the British and American mags were way better than the magazines we had in the german speaking world during the time of the Dreamcast relevant. Official Dreamcast Magazin in German was a weird lifestyle like Magazine that had nothing to do with gaming at all. That was the final nail in the coffin of the bad marketing of the DC here in Europe.

It was not until recently that I found out how superior these mags were. I have never read them in paper form but I could read them online on websites like retro CDN and archive org.

My favorite thing about the magazines were the demo discs. As someone who didn't get to play a bunch of new games me and my friends would cherish those demo discs.

Back