SEGA DREAMCAST

I see. thx for the info. But without lighgun support such games are not as much fun as with gun support. The ps2 port was playable with controller but was not as cool as it would have been with a lightgun.

I always loved the look of the Dreamcast game cases that we had here in the UK. They were horribly flimsy, but they were the ones that looked the best on my shelf. When I look at Dreamcast cases from Japan and America, they just look really plain and ordinary.

Very impressive collection @RyoHazuki84 . There some japanese games in your collection I have not ever heard off.

I am also into expanding my DC collection with some japanese games.

Going to be in Tokyo again in December if covid does not interfere for Japanese language school again and if I have to find i will visit some shops in Akihabara again as I did during my 3 previous visits to snatch some other games.

ps:Did not know that Silent Scope got a Dreamcast release as well. Silent Scope was the game I got together with my PS2 in Dezember 2000.

As I said, it's a small fraction of my collection. If you're going to language school, I think the Japanese government has eased restrictions for students.

I always loved the look of the Dreamcast game cases that we had here in the UK. They were horribly flimsy, but they were the ones that looked the best on my shelf. When I look at Dreamcast cases from Japan and America, they just look really plain and ordinary.

Really? I loved the Japanese cases for both versions of SFIII, Evolution, Virtual On, Berserk, MVC2, and CVSNK2

Always hear silent scope was a hidden gem with mouse+keyboard in lieu of lightgun support

super random
I've been meaning to get a mouse, but I have five keyboards.

Hey there! I was a ps1/2 boy (sorry, but in my country Sega didnt exist since 1995, it was/is full playstation, and JUST A BIIIIT of Nintendo, but only if you have money to have both consoles). BUT I got into a sega's forum in Spanish and wanted to share a comment that I'm sure many of you will feel it.

@9dragons
@RyoHazuki84
@Van Joel Sandwich
@Tomato Convenience Store
@Truck_1_0_1_
What I can talk about is the SEGA that I dealt with during the official life of DREAMCAST:

- A SEGA that pampered the European user with revolutionary initiatives such as the 60hz option, which insisted that the vast majority of games arrive localized with text in the language of each country. And not only with the titles of the brand, but also encouraged third companies to do so.

-
A SEGA that when it noticed that Dream Arena (Dc's online) crashed repeatedly in X region, sent a lady with an erotic telephone voice to call asking users about the quality of the service, and willing to pay you the cost of calls during those lost games once they prove your case.
They apologized to you, promised to make an effort to improve the service, and incidentally they gave you an erection with a sensual farewell like this; "Thank you for trusting SEGA. We wish you a good day/night ; )". 24 hour service.

-
A SEGA that sent me FREE games by mail to my house (Chu Chu Rocket) along with a card thanking me for my loyalty and being a client of the host.

- A SEGA that for the first time in the West invested in advertising that did not focus on disqualifying the competition,
but in showing the virtues of your product with a sense of humor:

A SEGA that for TWO FUCKING YEARS IN A ROW did nothing but launch one GREAT GAME after another, which added to those of Third Party made me feel like "JESUS CHRIST!! THIS DOESNT STOP EVEN ONE MONTH!!!"

- A SEGA that; power aside, designed the best console of that generation, and whose graphics matched or BETTER anything you'd see in an arcade.

That is the SEGA I knew, the one that had learned from all its mistakes.

I bought an outlet PAL Dreamcast in October 1999, a little later a Japan NTSC, and it is to date THE BEST experience I have had with a "current" console. Until 2003 I didn't play anything else but her, and the first PlayStation. At Christmas of that year I did surrender to the invincible (today) catalog of the Ps2, but the Sony machine gave me sensations of "domestic appliance", and no other console has ever given me the same emotions of privilege and "alien technology" that the DC made me feel.

It hurt me that they discontinued it, and then I researched SEGA's past thoroughly and understood everything; But I don't regret ANYTHING.

Hey there! I was a ps1/2 boy (sorry, but in my country Sega didnt exist since 1995, it was/is full playstation, and JUST A BIIIIT of Nintendo, but only if you have money to have both consoles). BUT I got into a sega's forum in Spanish and wanted to share a comment that I'm sure many of you will feel it.

@9dragons
@RyoHazuki84
@Van Joel Sandwich
@Tomato Convenience Store
@Truck_1_0_1_
What I can talk about is the SEGA that I dealt with during the official life of DREAMCAST:

- A SEGA that pampered the European user with revolutionary initiatives such as the 60hz option, which insisted that the vast majority of games arrive localized with text in the language of each country. And not only with the titles of the brand, but also encouraged third companies to do so.

-
A SEGA that when it noticed that Dream Arena (Dc's online) crashed repeatedly in X region, sent a lady with an erotic telephone voice to call asking users about the quality of the service, and willing to pay you the cost of calls during those lost games once they prove your case.
They apologized to you, promised to make an effort to improve the service, and incidentally they gave you an erection with a sensual farewell like this; "Thank you for trusting SEGA. We wish you a good day/night ; )". 24 hour service.

-
A SEGA that sent me FREE games by mail to my house (Chu Chu Rocket) along with a card thanking me for my loyalty and being a client of the host.

- A SEGA that for the first time in the West invested in advertising that did not focus on disqualifying the competition,
but in showing the virtues of your product with a sense of humor:

A SEGA that for TWO FUCKING YEARS IN A ROW did nothing but launch one GREAT GAME after another, which added to those of Third Party made me feel like "JESUS CHRIST!! THIS DOESNT STOP EVEN ONE MONTH!!!"

- A SEGA that; power aside, designed the best console of that generation, and whose graphics matched or BETTER anything you'd see in an arcade.

That is the SEGA I knew, the one that had learned from all its mistakes.

I bought an outlet PAL Dreamcast in October 1999, a little later a Japan NTSC, and it is to date THE BEST experience I have had with a "current" console. Until 2003 I didn't play anything else but her, and the first PlayStation. At Christmas of that year I did surrender to the invincible (today) catalog of the Ps2, but the Sony machine gave me sensations of "domestic appliance", and no other console has ever given me the same emotions of privilege and "alien technology" that the DC made me feel.

It hurt me that they discontinued it, and then I researched SEGA's past thoroughly and understood everything; But I don't regret ANYTHING.
Fantastic man.
I realy believe 1999 to 2001 was where the magic of video games was realy hitting peak. At least for me.
The Dreamcast was so awesome. Everything, from the intro, the sounds, the logo, and even the design of the controller and vmu were so unique. And the games... like.... What a great library the DC still has!

Before I had my own Dreamcast, I used to go to a cousing of mine to watch him play, and those times were trully magical.
The Dreamcast was like a window to another world. A dreamy fun world!

Such a shame everything ended up like it did.

One time, possibly in 2002 or 2003, I went into my local video-game store, and I remember the lady at the counter telling me that the Dreamcas was dead and they weren't recieving anymore games besides what they had in stock.
That was way before the internet being a common thing arround here . You can't imagine how sad I was.
I was realy, realy sad.

The Dreamcast was a spectacular flame that burned very bright but died very fast

I knew you'd like it! I have a few more comments from that guy:

In any case.... I insist; I've always had the feeling that SEGA's most greatest performance at all levels was with the Dreamcast. Because Sony was able to have the best mass product, marketing, and in the long run the best catalog by brute force in that JUGGERNAUT called Ps2; but damn it, didnt nailed it as much at all levels as the active SEGA that I knew. The vulgar customer service, bad materials in many fat models, the Ps2 was a step forward and another step back technically with respect to the Dc, 60 Hz option only sometimes, etc. Nothing to see; a company treated me like a person,
the other as a number.

I was very happy with my product, there wasn't a month that I didn't buy AT LEAST one game for the Dreamcast, and since there was so much ARCADE on offer, they didn't pile up for me because they were quick-play titles alone or with friends; fighting Games, shooters of any kind, puzzles, etc. And then alone I beat Code Veronica; I was so addicted to the fucking console that I even bought myself on a whim to play Resident Evil 2 and 3 on DC that I ALREADY HAD on PlayStation.

The problem is that by mid-2001, when SEGA had already given the dramatic news, I had already not only played, but also replayed the most important titles (Shenmues, Sonic Adventures, etc), and although I endured TWO YEARS more like a champion exploring the Japanese catalog of the system, and the fleeting novelties (ship shooters) that still came out in that country; the truth is that the library of a Dreamcast does not have the depth of that of a Saturn, or PlayStation.

I still remember that fateful email that was sent to my Dream Arena account thanking me for having supported the system for so long, but unfortunately they closed the thing... I felt as if my best friend had sent me a letter telling me that he was going to commit suicide at that time.

After that intense experience, although I think that as a catalog the Ps2 + backward compatibility is almost invincible, NO console has made me emotionally involved with it again until about 4 years ago a Mega Drive snuck into my house, and conquered me with its rock personality, and well...

Source: https://www.segasaturno.com/portal/5-vf4-vt9078.html?start=40&sid=9dd6165678fc0faa898c108192f40b9f

Sega Dreamcast one of the greatest inventions known to man. One of the biggest leaps in gaming history. I remember seeing NFL 2K playing on a big screen and my stepfather thought it was a real NFL game. Sega had alot of missteps with their consoles but who would've thought this glorious piece of hardware would be Sega last. Dreamcast 2 would've been insane.🤯

Sega Dreamcast one of the greatest inventions known to man. One of the biggest leaps in gaming history. I remember seeing NFL 2K playing on a big screen and my stepfather thought it was a real NFL game. Sega had alot of missteps with their consoles but who would've thought this glorious piece of hardware would be Sega last. Dreamcast 2 would've been insane.🤯

Wow, watching it, isnt this early ps3/360 graphics? I'd say so.

Sega Smash Pack- Dreamcast
NCAA College Football 2k2- Dreamcast
Tennis 2k2- Dreamcast
World Series Baseball 2k2- Dreamcast
Crazy Taxi 2- Dreamcast
SoulCaliber- Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure- Dreamcast
The House of the Dead 2- Dreamcast
Sega Bass Fishing- Dreamcast
Sega Marine Fishing- Dreamcast
JoJo Bizarre Adventure- Dreamcast
JoJo Bizarre Adventure Custom Dreamcast Case
Semen...my bad it's SEA-MAN punks @Seaman
with Mic & VMU

20220821_154406.jpg

All fantastic titles, save for SBF, which is only middling and SSP, which has badly-emulated music (but a superb port of VC2 and Sega Swirl).

I finally understand why the Dreamcast is my favorite home console ever, it's the arcade gameplay. Spent the whole day playing Sega Bass Fishing/Sega Marine Fishing, House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxi 1&2, Virtua Tennis and SoulCaliber. Never thought I see the day when arcade titles went excint. New gamers will never understand the joy of going to the mall or gaming store and getting quarters out of that big ass brown machine🤣😂

20220822_231400.jpg

No way in hell is that an actual SEGA product, dude just spray-painted a Dreamcast.

My orginal Dreamcast i got back in 2000 left this world yesterday. :(. Too bad but worked over 22 years without complaints.

I need now another Dreamcast. Do you guys know if one region is preferable over the other? As living in Pal land my first DC Was Pal console of course but I played more US games recently. So getting a US DC would be a more logistically sound decision. My pal games I could still play on the US DC with codebreaker disc.

Would be cool to hear a few opinions.

My orginal Dreamcast i got back in 2000 left this world yesterday. :(. Too bad but worked over 22 years without complaints.

I need now another Dreamcast. Do you guys know if one region is preferable over the other? As living in Pal land my first DC Was Pal console of course but I played more US games recently. So getting a US DC would be a more logistically sound decision. My pal games I could still play on the US DC with codebreaker disc.

Not sure if this is a option but my next DC will be a modded console with DCHDMI and every Dreamacast released game. Its a bit pricey but since I'm a DC fanboy I don't mind the cost.

What exactly happened mate? Because 22 years w/o issues may be just a matter of some simple fixable thing. It would be a pity imo to trash a working DC motherboard. Uh just in case it simply stopped reading discs, put the DC upside down when on power.

Back