Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

Ah, bugger, I missed this ! My kickstarter account was giving me shit about my password so I sacked it off for another day, didn't realise the deadline had already gone.

Backer surveys are now out!

Check your emails!

Ah, bugger, I missed this ! My kickstarter account was giving me shit about my password so I sacked it off for another day, didn't realise the deadline had already gone.

Haha same ! I had a lot going on, so I thought about doing it for another day, and now I'll have to wait for Issue 3, hoping there'll be a bundle with issue 2 in it as well haha

Hope I got my survey in on time. The Shenmue World Magazine series is a living lofi dream of the vaporwave age, an exemplar of quality design, and a moral miracle. I also hope the aliens are watching because Shenmue World is shining upon an apprehensive cosmos saying, "This too is humanity."

any word on it? I'm a slacker backer who has to send you money via paypal.

0e7ba8231ef6c6b8a9086750ec60285f_original.png

Hello everyone!

It is with great regret that I bring you some unfortunate news regarding the start of shipping of Shenmue World Issue 2. As I had mentioned in the previous update, I had closed the address change option as we looked to begin shipping the magazines. I had wanted to have all orders fulfilled by the end of next weekend, and had made preparations to push through the huge shipping process in just over a week.

However, the magazines that were destined for the 14th of June, had already been delayed by two days as the production team had informed me that their binding machine had malfunctioned and the magazines had been sent to a second facility to be bound. This was obviously fine with me, as a day or two would not have affected me too much. These magazines did indeed arrive yesterday.

ae14773796db7a82d29537f828e01df2_original.jpg
Shenmue World Issue 2 Arrival
One thing I really wanted to emphasise during Shenmue World’s Kickstarter projects was to give you all complete and utter honesty and transparency from myself throughout, so hopefully this doesn’t take some of the magic away regarding the printing process. I excitedly opened the seal on the plastic wrapped pallet of magazines and inspected the top box, only to have an instant sinking feeling.

ad65d2a4d79274fed91110afd9a97c97_original.JPG
Pretty in pink

As you can see, the front covers are all pink! This is obviously a printing error, and i'll try my best to explain why. So, where I had provided the information for the spot UV gloss (which was such a hit with Issue 1!) to be applied to on the front cover...no such treatment had been produced. This is quite a complex process and had taken me many hours to produce the results that should have created a fantastic eye-catching cover for you all. The production team, for whatever reason had accidentally overlooked the fact that the magazines were not meant to be pink and instead this colour should only have been used as a guide for where the spot uv gloss would be ultimately applied. I had originally had my artwork and files confirmed correct by the team, so I knew that this was not an issue on my end.

I thus proceeded to contact the printers who, in fairness, have fantastic customer support and have prioritised the reprinting of these magazines for me. They have now given me a new guaranteed arrival date of 24th June. So only one week more to wait.

This would normally be fine, however, due to a family emergency I am away for potentially a 2 week period beginning 27th June…as I had hoped to have pushed through all orders prior to this date. I also have plans to stream YsNet’s newest game “Air Twister” with Matt over on the Shenmue Dojo channels on the 24th June. So this unfortunately means that the subsequent delay on your copy of Shenmue World Issue 2 being sent will now be 3 weeks as I will not be able to personally package up and post out over 600 copies in a single day. I am of course really disappointed by this, and admittedly a little embarrassed to have to write another delay update such as this one. I really strive to be a Kickstarter that everyone can trust and believe in, and I really hate to let anyone down that had been looking forward to receiving this set soon. This situation is obviously out of my hands, but am saddened to have to make you all wait a little while longer. In light of this, and also as requested from a couple of people, I will be re-opening the address change feature again. This means that if you do need to change your address over the next 3 weeks, you can do so by just heading back into your original Kickstarter survey or via a button on the Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter page to then update your details.

In more positive news, I have already finished preparing all of the Issue 1 packs, and also all of the extra item packs for Issue 2! I am really pleased with how the bonus items for Issue 2 have turned out and I cannot wait to see everyones reactions to opening up these packs (which is why I am feeling pretty gutted by this ordeal, as everything had felt super close to the finish line)! I will share a few bonus photos of some of the packaging process of these items to hopefully tide you over for the next 3 weeks, although I really don’t want to spoil too much!

712ff0d169c0168209fdfcafef15a473_original.JPG
Issue 1 Packs
0975346bc08ee936ec68870e9c3b973a_original.JPG
Art Prints
e8354e4a0792c84d25d79d5728cb2a25_original.JPG
Issue 2 Bonus Item Packs
I hope that everyone (atleast in the UK) is enjoying the scorching temperatures, and are looking forward to the upcoming weekend. Both my sincerest apologies, and gratitude to you all! :) Take care!

- James

0e7ba8231ef6c6b8a9086750ec60285f_original.png

Hello everyone!

It is with great regret that I bring you some unfortunate news regarding the start of shipping of Shenmue World Issue 2. As I had mentioned in the previous update, I had closed the address change option as we looked to begin shipping the magazines. I had wanted to have all orders fulfilled by the end of next weekend, and had made preparations to push through the huge shipping process in just over a week.

However, the magazines that were destined for the 14th of June, had already been delayed by two days as the production team had informed me that their binding machine had malfunctioned and the magazines had been sent to a second facility to be bound. This was obviously fine with me, as a day or two would not have affected me too much. These magazines did indeed arrive yesterday.

ae14773796db7a82d29537f828e01df2_original.jpg
Shenmue World Issue 2 Arrival
One thing I really wanted to emphasise during Shenmue World’s Kickstarter projects was to give you all complete and utter honesty and transparency from myself throughout, so hopefully this doesn’t take some of the magic away regarding the printing process. I excitedly opened the seal on the plastic wrapped pallet of magazines and inspected the top box, only to have an instant sinking feeling.

ad65d2a4d79274fed91110afd9a97c97_original.JPG
Pretty in pink

As you can see, the front covers are all pink! This is obviously a printing error, and i'll try my best to explain why. So, where I had provided the information for the spot UV gloss (which was such a hit with Issue 1!) to be applied to on the front cover...no such treatment had been produced. This is quite a complex process and had taken me many hours to produce the results that should have created a fantastic eye-catching cover for you all. The production team, for whatever reason had accidentally overlooked the fact that the magazines were not meant to be pink and instead this colour should only have been used as a guide for where the spot uv gloss would be ultimately applied. I had originally had my artwork and files confirmed correct by the team, so I knew that this was not an issue on my end.

I thus proceeded to contact the printers who, in fairness, have fantastic customer support and have prioritised the reprinting of these magazines for me. They have now given me a new guaranteed arrival date of 24th June. So only one week more to wait.

This would normally be fine, however, due to a family emergency I am away for potentially a 2 week period beginning 27th June…as I had hoped to have pushed through all orders prior to this date. I also have plans to stream YsNet’s newest game “Air Twister” with Matt over on the Shenmue Dojo channels on the 24th June. So this unfortunately means that the subsequent delay on your copy of Shenmue World Issue 2 being sent will now be 3 weeks as I will not be able to personally package up and post out over 600 copies in a single day. I am of course really disappointed by this, and admittedly a little embarrassed to have to write another delay update such as this one. I really strive to be a Kickstarter that everyone can trust and believe in, and I really hate to let anyone down that had been looking forward to receiving this set soon. This situation is obviously out of my hands, but am saddened to have to make you all wait a little while longer. In light of this, and also as requested from a couple of people, I will be re-opening the address change feature again. This means that if you do need to change your address over the next 3 weeks, you can do so by just heading back into your original Kickstarter survey or via a button on the Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter page to then update your details.

In more positive news, I have already finished preparing all of the Issue 1 packs, and also all of the extra item packs for Issue 2! I am really pleased with how the bonus items for Issue 2 have turned out and I cannot wait to see everyones reactions to opening up these packs (which is why I am feeling pretty gutted by this ordeal, as everything had felt super close to the finish line)! I will share a few bonus photos of some of the packaging process of these items to hopefully tide you over for the next 3 weeks, although I really don’t want to spoil too much!

712ff0d169c0168209fdfcafef15a473_original.JPG
Issue 1 Packs
0975346bc08ee936ec68870e9c3b973a_original.JPG
Art Prints
e8354e4a0792c84d25d79d5728cb2a25_original.JPG
Issue 2 Bonus Item Packs
I hope that everyone (atleast in the UK) is enjoying the scorching temperatures, and are looking forward to the upcoming weekend. Both my sincerest apologies, and gratitude to you all! :) Take care!

- James
Fuck this weather, but much love to you guys for keeping us all in the loop. Irrespective of the thermite-like temperatures and the words of our boi Ryo, don't sweat it, man 🙂

That is okay man. Mistakes happen. Look forward to my copy.

No pressure at all! I'm grateful to all the hard work put into these and a delay like this really is no problem at all! Is it jsut the covers that are pink panthered? Because to be honest, they don't seem THAT bad and maybe they could be supplied at discount to people who have missed out on the KS? But just wanted to show my support and gratitug eto this project and I look forward to when it's all sorted out :)

Yu has to get another copy. And, perhaps a handwritten note about us wanting shenmue 4.

any update on this cause i'm curious and will be going out of town this weekend...

Back