Shenmue Dojo Forum Features

I hate when I see one of my own posts thrown up there and it stays for hours, making me feel like I killed the entire forum...

Also it drives me up THE WALL when a newer post gets made but it doesn't update the "Latest Post" section.
The latest post box led me to this post.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that the latest post box only draws from sub forums that had already been created at the time that the feature was added, so posts in the Shenmue 4 and Shenmue the Animation forums (among others) aren’t counted. Should be a fairly easy fix for @LemonHaze or whoever deals with the site’s backend these days.

The latest post box led me to this post.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that the latest post box only draws from sub forums that had already been created at the time that the feature was added, so posts in the Shenmue 4 and Shenmue the Animation forums (among others) aren’t counted. Should be a fairly easy fix for @LemonHaze or whoever deals with the site’s backend these days.
This should be resolved now, to include all active public forums.

out of interest, why does the dojo sometimes go offline/crash? yesterday i tried connecting but the website had some errors and failed to load.

out of interest, why does the dojo sometimes go offline/crash? yesterday i tried connecting but the website had some errors and failed to load.
Just some server side issues which we resolved. We had to take the site down to rebuild the database but all is OK now.

Didn't know where else to ask this, but why are we being forced to use two-step verification to use the forum?

i hate this new 2 step verification feature

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad it's just temporary, as it doesn't seem to work right for me (it makes me go through the process again every time, regardless of me clicking "keep me logged in" and "remember me on this browser for 30 days").

Regarding spammers, can you not enable post approval for new members?

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad it's just temporary, as it doesn't seem to work right for me (it makes me go through the process again every time, regardless of me clicking "keep me logged in" and "remember me on this browser for 30 days").

Regarding spammers, can you not enable post approval for new members?
It's something to look at. I'd rather not mess around with post approvals for newbies if we can help it. We'll tighten up the security for now but can always go to that if needed.

2FA should be off in a day or two.

Thought I was finally free from the Dojo... It randomly stopped sending me emails for a few weeks, meaning I couldn't do the login verification, but just now it decided to blast me with a huge backlog of notification emails. :oops:1679344825969.png

Thought I was finally free from the Dojo... It randomly stopped sending me emails for a few weeks, meaning I couldn't do the login verification, but just now it decided to blast me with a huge backlog of notification emails. :oops:View attachment 17848
Feel free to delete those. All should be running normally now.

Back