[RELEASE] Shenmue 1/2 - Misc Tools v2.00 - 10/09 NEW VERSION

LemonHaze

Banned
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd make a post for this as it might be useful to some of you. This is a DLL that you can either: a) replace for Forklift.dll (although your mods won't work) or b) inject the DLL yourself once you start Shenmue 1/2 with something like Cheat Engine.

The tool allows you to warp yourself, lock the camera, warp the camera, change the camera distance from Ryo, enable 60fps/200+fps, freeze time, change cash and SEGA coins and more:

There is also a Task View and Task Console which might not be useful for the majority of you, but it's there if you want to take a look. Mad props to PhilYeahz for all of the task stuff he's been looking into with me.

Anyways, if any of you need a run-down on how to inject the DLL with CheatEngine:-

1. Start Shenmue 1/2
  2. Open Cheat Engine -> File -> Open Process -> Shenmue I/sm1.exe or Shenmue II / sm2.exe.
  3. Click Memory View, then Tools -> Inject DLL.
  4. Now browse to MiscTools_v2.dll and select it, it will ask "Do you want to execute a function of the dll?", select No.
  5. That's it! (you can now close Cheat Engine)
Wulinshu Wiki

WARNING: DO NOT ENABLE PATCHES WHILST IN MENU, YOU WILL FREEZE YOUR GAME IF YOU DO.

There will most likely be updates to this, in which case, I'll update this thread.

EDIT: 28/01 - Added support for SM1, including map warping.

EDIT: 26/02 - Fixed FPS mod for Shenmue 2, cutscenes are still pending.

EDIT: 28/02 - Fixed map warping in SM1.

EDIT: 08/09 - Added facial expressions menu, first persion view (for Shenmue I only), hiding UI and various fixes and stability improvements.

EDIT: 10/09 - Added 'Give All Items' and 'Give Item' buttons. Also added ability to rig the vending machine RNG (used to determine the random capsule toy you can win from vending machines)(currently Shenmue II only)

Special thanks to: PhilYeahz, Raymonf, derplayer, Cupcake, ner0 and any other guys from the Discord I missed!

Download:

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks interesting. Only Shenmue II?

I love the Photo Mode in some games. There is DOF in those options?

Thank you!!

Edit. Not Bad. It's possible to add Depth of Field and hide Hud?

Attachments

• Sin título-3.jpg
    Sin título-3.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
In the meantime, you could pair the MiscTools with Cheat Engine and use the following address to hide the HUD:
Code:
Shenmue2.exe+94E604 - [byte] set to 1 by default, 0 hides the HUD

More stuff that may be of relevance can be found in the Wulinshu wiki.

This looks interesting. Only Shenmue II?

I love the Photo Mode in some games. There is DOF in those options?

Thank you!!

Edit. Not Bad. It's possible to add Depth of Field and hide Hud?

Added support for SM1, you can now use the same DLL for both Shenmue I and Shenmue II.

Expect further updates within the next few days, such as FOV, hiding the HUD etc.

Wow... the game looks really nice in 60FPS!... it's just a shame that it seems to break certain animations and also it seems to make the game speed up too much as well... I assume that is because of the way the game was coded or something?, like was the game hard coded for 30FPS or something and because of that it would be impossible to make this game run in 60FPS without all the glitches?.

Updated the main post with a new version of MiscTools. Facial Expressions can now be applied to Ryo or Shenhua (check the box to apply these to Ryo, unchecked will apply them to Shenhua). a2 is the expression ID itself, this ranges from 0 to 23, a3 is timing-related (e.g. slowly apply the expression, or leave to 0 to instantly apply it) and a4 is the strength of the expression (2 is 200%, 1 is 100%, 0.5 is 50% etc)

You can also now toggle FPV within Shenmue I, simply by pressing the 'F' key. In order to use this, you must first select the option 'Enable FPV toggle (F)' in the MiscTools menu.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• SMMiscTools_v2.zip
    458.8 KB · Views: 35

Added new map warping method for Shenmue II and added the ability to rig the vending machine RNG used to determine the random capsule toys. Check the 'Rig Vending Machine RNG' checkbox and then select the toy you want from the vending machine from the list below and proceed to interact with the vending machine, once you are finished uncheck the checkbox. Important note: you cannot win multiple cans in the same interaction. You must earn a winning can, then reject buying another can, then interact with the vending machine again.

Also added in this version is the ability to give the player specific items and the ability to give all items (not including maps, but includes all capsule toys, all story items and all moves scrolls.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ren
This is very helpful for getting them capsule toys I was missing, thanks. Any plans to put in move training into this, maybe so the move you are currently training grow x4/x8 quicker then what it usually grows at?

I have been thinking of signing up to this site for about......4 years now I think, but this tool was what pushed me into it.

I just couldn't put up with Space Harrier anymore, I hate, HATE IT!! I completed it with 1 token on Shenmue 1, but died on the last level on Shenmue 2 3 times in a row and I couldn't take it anymore, so I had to find some way to cheat for the token :LOL:

Anyway, thanks for this, it's greatly appreciated. Also, like KalJenko says above, if you plan on updating it further, would it be possible to make training grow quiker? I would love to max out moves without it being an unberable grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
Thank you for Hard work. This tool is Mega-Cool!!!
Planning to release a similar one for Shenmue 3?

View attachment 4130

Added new map warping method for Shenmue II and added the ability to rig the vending machine RNG used to determine the random capsule toys. Check the 'Rig Vending Machine RNG' checkbox and then select the toy you want from the vending machine from the list below and proceed to interact with the vending machine, once you are finished uncheck the checkbox. Important note: you cannot win multiple cans in the same interaction. You must earn a winning can, then reject buying another can, then interact with the vending machine again.

Also added in this version is the ability to give the player specific items and the ability to give all items (not including maps, but includes all capsule toys, all story items and all moves scrolls.)
Plans to release this for Shenmue I as well?

Just wanna thank you on this.
I forgot to get the Helm lighter in Shenmue 2, that can only be bought at the beginning of the game, gotten pretty far and definitely DID NOT WANT to start the game over just for that. The warp map function let me go back and pick it up smoothly.

I'm having the hardest time getting this to work. I use forklift loader XINPUT1_3.dll and renamed the MiscTools_V2.dll to Forklift.dll and placed both in SM1 folder. I open the loader, and click on Shenmue 1, and the loader just reloads, it never launches the game. Is there a trick to getting this to work that I'm overlooking?

EDIT: There was a shenmue.exe process that had stalled and was preventing the game from loading. I force closed this and it now works. Rebooting probably would have worked as well.

Last edited:
I'm having the hardest time getting this to work. I use forklift loader XINPUT1_3.dll and renamed the MiscTools_V2.dll to Forklift.dll and placed both in SM1 folder. I open the loader, and click on Shenmue 1, and the loader just reloads, it never launches the game. Is there a trick to getting this to work that I'm overlooking?

EDIT: There was a shenmue.exe process that had stalled and was preventing the game from loading. I force closed this and it now works. Rebooting probably would have worked as well.

It’s probably advised that you don’t use the loader and just launch the games yourself.

Back