Buy Shenmue & Shenmue II Here (Deals)

1601019019648.png

Currently 75% off as part of Humble Bundle's "Big in Japan" sale.

Grab Shenmue I and II for £6.24 on Steam right now!

Offer ends Sept 28th!

Shenmue I and II is 75% off steam right now!

Offer ends 19th October!

I am looking for some XBOX One deals. I bought an XBOX One S at the end of summer, and although there's not many games I'm interested on the system, I do want to get Shenmue for it. I'm hoping I can get the digital version on sale, and then get a physical version for display at a reasonable price.

I've been checking PSPrices and it does appear the XBOX One version does not go on sale nearly as frequently as the PS4 and PC versions. What a bummer.

I am looking for some XBOX One deals. I bought an XBOX One S at the end of summer, and although there's not many games I'm interested on the system, I do want to get Shenmue for it. I'm hoping I can get the digital version on sale, and then get a physical version for display at a reasonable price.

I've been checking PSPrices and it does appear the XBOX One version does not go on sale nearly as frequently as the PS4 and PC versions. What a bummer.
Xbox One digital deals are usually quite mediocre to poor in general when they do happen.
I cannot honestly remember bothering with the games they do put in those deals compared to the great selection Sony seem to put in theirs.
S1&2 were in Game Pass for a time though I think, it's possible that they may re-enter at somepoint as some titles have already, such as Black Desert.

I want to own them. Gamepass doesn't interest me (though I do have a free trial for a month). I've already got the games on PC and PS4 but I'd like to own them for X1 as well. I haven't been in the XBOX ecosystem since about 2008 so not familiar with how the brand has been doing or what their deals are like. Looks like I've been spoiled by PS4 and Steam deals.

Hey dudes, I'd like to arrange to buy the game as a gift and for it to be arranged as a giveaway on social media/here. The store says I can just send it to an email. I've seen this done on social media several times so I assume whoever runs the social media that I would just send the email to them.

Maybe one of you guys can tell me who to pm to do this?

To clarify this is for XBOX One (and I assume it'll work on XSX/XSS?).

@Sonoshee @spud1897

It says it would be restricted to Canada only though, so maybe not such a good idea afterall. Shame all the gifting services have been limited to same country. Let me know what you think...

Last edited:
Hey dudes, I'd like to arrange to buy the game as a gift and for it to be arranged as a giveaway on social media/here. The store says I can just send it to an email. I've seen this done on social media several times so I assume whoever runs the social media that I would just send the email to them.

Maybe one of you guys can tell me who to pm to do this?

To clarify this is for XBOX One (and I assume it'll work on XSX/XSS?).

@Sonoshee @spud1897

It says it would be restricted to Canada only though, so maybe not such a good idea afterall. Shame all the gifting services have been limited to same country. Let me know what you think...
The gifting feature on Xbox is pretty sweet to be honest, though you can only actually gift it to a person in your region. A code is generated in a message to the gamertag/email upon gifting, but I think you are in Canada? Whereas Spud and myself are in the UK. A way around it is to create a secondary account and gift it to that, then get the code from the messages there, or gift it to a friend in your own country and then get them to send it to you. As far as I'm aware the codes aren't region locked. Or another way would be to have the giveaway to Canadian Xbox players only and gift it yourself to the player who wins.
It's all a bit of a muddle with the gifting option tbh.
Whatever you decide though, the thought is really appreciated and we can certainly do a giveaway on Twitter with it.
Many thanks :blush:

and we can certainly do a giveaway on Twitter with it.
That's what I'd prefer. I was kind of hoping I could just send it to whomever runs social and then they could distribute it when the giveaway is complete but it seems a lot more convoluted than that.

Are there enough Canadian people following the dojo on social media to warrant doing this?

I'm getting mixed results on whether digital codes are region locked.

That's what I'd prefer. I was kind of hoping I could just send it to whomever runs social and then they could distribute it when the giveaway is complete but it seems a lot more convoluted than that.

Are there enough Canadian people following the dojo on social media to warrant doing this?

I'm getting mixed results on whether digital codes are region locked.
I had a similar issue when doing a gifted giveaway recently. In the end I purchased a currency code and sent the winner that instead to purchase the game with. Though for obvious reasons I don't like doing it (winner could purchase a different game etc).

If you'd still like to donate the code we'll still do a giveaway for it on Twitter. I can check the code my side to see if it does work outside Canada before creating the giveaway. If it does, we can assume it will work worldwide and allow anyone to enter. If it doesn't, we can make it clear that it's a code for use only in Canada. I'm not sure on how many Canadian's are following the Dojo twitter, but it'll be worth seeing!

Hello,

@Sonoshee dropped me a message about this overnight. Thanks for this @Thomasina very much appreciated.

I'll have this go live next week, I'd like to get Saturdays 20th birthday stuff done so this doesn't get buried.

I'll do a like and retweet compo :)

Thanks again!

Shenmue 1 & 2 are back on offer on Xbox at £9.99 in the "Anime Month Sale"!

65% off (£8.74) on Xbox Live as part of the Golden Week Sale!

That's odd they would bundle them as they're from different publishers. Wonder how they managed to work that out?

Back